Research Based Results
We use a participatory research design model to best meet the specific needs of our clients. Food Studies Institute has received grants to carry out a variety of unique research projects over the years.
Food is Elementary has demonstrated remarkable success in improving the physical and mental health of children and teens.
Documented results have included:
- The development of preference for fruits, vegetables and whole foods over processed junk foods
- Reduced Body Mass Index and improved general health in school children within just weeks of educational intervention
- A welcomed introduction of plant-based entrees into the school lunch program
- Parents choosing healthier foods due to the influence of their children
- Dramatic improvement in the behavior, mindset and academic performance of troubled teens
Our mission is to improve the health and education of school age children and their families through a unique curriculum – Food is Elementary © – which integrates the academic disciplines with food, nutrition, culture, gardening, ecology and the arts.
60 Cayuga Street
Trumansburg, NY 14886